[NTLK] Time For the Rumour-Monger?

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue Oct 11 04:02:27 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Forrest Buffenmyer
<newtonphoenix at mindspring.com> wrote:
> "previously vetoed?" Uh oh...if we are to assume that Steve Jobs knew what he was doing (the Newton notwithstanding), and it is was his inner sensibilities that helped to guide Apple to greatness...I'm not sure I like the sounds of this. Are we in for another Macintosh LC...or Performa?

I think there are two ways of looking at this, and I suspect both are
true. 1. Over-zealousness for private projects (those who got vetoed,
for instance), and 2. Revisiting projects which weren't ready yet--too
far ahead of their time--technology not there yet, etc. I hope that
Tim Cook is in control enough, and wise enough to separate the two,
and also know when those in category 2 are ready for prime time. I
think that this, as much as anything else, was one of Jobs' prime
areas of discernment.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland