[NTLK] Siri and handwritten input

Lord Groundhog LordGroundhog at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 14:53:20 EDT 2011

~~~ On 2011/10/13 17:46, Nic Malone at nicmalone at mac.com wrote ~~~

> It would be good to even have the option though, just for quick scribbles like
> "meet Joe for lunch on Tuesday". I can't be speaking things like this in my
> busy open-plan office. Then again, we all though hands-free calling whilst out
> in public would never catch on!

Nic,

I know what you mean about hands-free calling in public -- when I was a
kiddie and just being allowed to wander the neighbourhood alone, my folks
warned me to watch out for "the strange man" who lived near the park.  "What
strange man Pop?" -- "You know, that man that acts strange." -- "What man
Pop?" -- "That guy that talks to himself." -- "Oh, HIM!"

Nowadays that wouldn't help wouldn't it?

But in fact I wasn't thinking of that.  I was thinking of making notes like:

"[date] appointment with Client [Name], DSM-IV coding ___:
[Name] began by ..." and so on.  Or maybe even

"[date] I observed [Name] for almost 3 hours during his meeting with [Name]
before following him to ..." and so on.

Do that on a bus or train by dictation?  Not really.  Do that on a bus or
train on a Newton with a stylus?  Absolutely!

Shalom.
Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4