[NTLK] Speech recognition.

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 12:56:21 EDT 2012

~~~ On 2012/04/02 21:09, Bob Carls Dudney, MD at kosmicdollop at saber.net
wrote ~~~

> On 27/03/12, Joel M. Sciamma wrote:
> |
>> to create..several letter-size pages, HWR would not be your first choice
>
> For you. For lots of my writing HWR is far more conducive. Mechanical typing
> interferes with my creative, imaginative, and/or synthetic work, especially
> anything to do with health and healing.
>
> Mechanics is dead/death forces, healing concerns life, living forces.

Ditto.  Every time I use my Newton -- and that's a lot of times each day --
I get this little frisson of pleasure and amazement.  I love to have a pen
or brush in my hand, my thoughts just flow more easily, and a stylus is only
a minor variation from that. I suppose it's the calligrapher in me
recognizing the modality or something.

If I've learned anything consistent about technology, data input and
Newtonians, it's that Sly Stone was absolutely right:
"Different strokes, for different folks,
 and so on and so on, and dooby-dooby-doo-doo".
;-)

And for me one of the coolest things about NewtonTalk is that we all tend to
respect that about one another.

Shalom,

Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke