[NTLK] MP2100 happiness

Nic Malone nicmalone at mac.com
Mon Apr 9 04:31:03 EDT 2012

I got a MP2100 a couple of weeks ago off eBay. No serial adapter of course (I hope there's one in that recent Newton haul!) so installing the y2010 patch was a hoop jumping exercise. I had to beam all the necessary packages for wireless email setup (thanks again MyAppleNewton for your handy guide) from my MP2000, set up an email account on Newton-friendly gmx.com (was it Ron who suggested that?) then email myself the y2010 patch. It worked!

I'm now reading book 4 of Game of Thrones, all 1713 pages (3mb) of it, on the device. My MP2000 couldn't handle anything over 1mb. Its a bit faffy converting the books from Kindle format to Newton Press but I read more on the Newt than on my iPad because there are fewer diversions available. I guess Amazon will have to wait a little longer for my Kindle purchase!

Nic