[NTLK] Message pad 130

Smith Woody woodysmith at me.com
Mon Apr 16 20:08:00 EDT 2012

The USPS link is here
<http://postcalc.usps.gov/>

USPS-Produced Box: 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
Maximum weight 4 pounds.
To Germany is 16.95  plus any insurance you may require

	Your box and following conditions for 1lb
	Other than rolls: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth
(thickness) combined 36"
	Rolls: Max. length 36". Max length and twice the diameter combined 42"
To Germany as first class mail

 From Germany to here for Priority seems to be about 9 Euro Plus
packaging and any insurance you may require

A five lb package the size of an emate gets very expensive.  Items in
the range of an ounce or two that fit a #10 envelope are very
reasonable.

Hope this is useful.

I'm willing to do hinge repairs on eMates,  but this is not a
difficult task and unless the display ribbon is damaged it's easy to
do yourself.  Years ago I had a small workshop at my house with 4
novices and we all did an emate Hinge re-grease including all
disassembly including, unsoldering backlight and speaker, taking the
hinge apart for thorough cleaning and straitening and reassembly in
about 3 hours,  This included refreshments and conversation.

There aren't any simple repairs on the Messagepads except part
replacement such as backlight, and many wouldn't call that simple.

Woody