[NTLK] OT: Incomplete Infocom iOS Collection (Was: Original cost for Infocom games)

Aaron Brigati abrigati at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 14:33:28 EST 2012

On Dec 21, 2012, at 1:36 PM, joe kallo wrote:

> This discussion started, btw, because sometime recently Activision released
> Treasures of Infocom for iOS. Apparently it's $10 or so for the whole
> bundle. A bargain, though I suspect everyone who is likely to play them
> probably already has them loaded up in Frotz.

It's not 'the whole bundle' - there are games missing.

There's no Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, no Bureaucracy, no Shogun, no Nord and Bert, no Beyond Zork, no Zork Zero, no Sherlock: Riddle of the Crown Jewels, no Arthur, and no Journey.

Zork Zero, Arthur, and Journey have graphical components, so I suppose I can understand leaving those out, and Shogun wasn't even officially included in Lost Treasures of Infocom I and II due to licensing issues, and I suppose that might be the problem with Hitchhiker's and Bureaucracy, but what the heck could keep them from including Nord and Bert Couldn't Make Head Or Tail Of It?

Hitchhiker's was a great game, too. Missing that one's a real bummer.