[NTLK] OT: Incomplete Infocom iOS Collection (Was: Original cost for Infocom games)

Larry Zasitko l.zasitko at sasktel.net
Fri Dec 21 14:57:06 EST 2012

Though it is incomplete the bundle is 27 games so still a pretty darn good deal for $9.99. Game 27 (if you buy the complete pack) is Zork, the Undiscovered Ungerground. They also have pacs of 5 games for $2.99. Maybe they will add more in the future. Tried looking on their web site for what is in each pac but I can't find any info at all. But the best deal is the 9.99 one.

On 2012-12-21, at 1:33 PM, Aaron Brigati wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2012, at 1:36 PM, joe kallo wrote:
>>
>> This discussion started, btw, because sometime recently Activision released
>> Treasures of Infocom for iOS. Apparently it's $10 or so for the whole
>> bundle. A bargain, though I suspect everyone who is likely to play them
>> probably already has them loaded up in Frotz.
>
> It's not 'the whole bundle' - there are games missing.
>
> There's no Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, no Bureaucracy, no Shogun, no Nord and Bert, no Beyond Zork, no Zork Zero, no Sherlock: Riddle of the Crown Jewels, no Arthur, and no Journey.
>
> Zork Zero, Arthur, and Journey have graphical components, so I suppose I can understand leaving those out, and Shogun wasn't even officially included in Lost Treasures of Infocom I and II due to licensing issues, and I suppose that might be the problem with Hitchhiker's and Bureaucracy, but what the heck could keep them from including Nord and Bert Couldn't Make Head Or Tail Of It?
>
> Hitchhiker's was a great game, too. Missing that one's a real bummer.

Larry
(OMP, 110, 130, 2100, eMate iPad 2, iPad3, iPad Mini)
(Clamshell iBook SE Charcoal, Clamshell iBook Bondi Blue, G4 Powerbook, iMac Bondi Blue, iMac Core 2 Duo)