[NTLK] New version of Einstein for Android

Aaron Brigati abrigati at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 10:22:07 EST 2012

On Dec 27, 2012, at 5:36 AM, Matthias Melcher wrote:
> Ah, I did not know that newer machines have no longer a menu button. I will check what the Android docs say. This should be easily fixable.

On my Asus Transformer Prime, which runs 4.1 and DOES have a physical Menu button (at least, when it's docked into the keyboard), pressing the menu key does nothing in Einstein.

It runs amazingly well, though. (It ought to, on a quad-core Tegra!) There's no sound, and opening the Extras drawer takes a bit, but the handwriting recognition is perfectly usable now.

>> Also, is there a way to turn off the Newton Background Service? It's a cool idea, but I don't want the app running all the time ever time I launch it. Sometimes I do want to straight-up quit it.
>
> I will add that as an option to the preferences. Also, there will be a "Quit" option in the Einstein Menu. Lastly, the NewtonOS Extras menu also has a "Quit Einstein" item (which does not do anything in Android Einstein yet).

For the moment, at least on my device I can go into the device's settings, then Apps, then Running, and kill Einstein's Service from there. A workaround, at least.