[NTLK] New version of Einstein for Android

Aaron Brigati abrigati at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 16:19:03 EST 2012

On Dec 28, 2012, at 2:10 PM, Allen.Russell at linde.com wrote:

> Matthias,
>
> This is excellent.  I recently bought a Lenovo A2107 tablet, with a 7 inch
> screen, rather cheap.
<snip>
> Documentation for this
> Lenovo tablet is sparse, I can't figure out if it's a quad-core or
> single-core CPU.

That's a Mediatek MT6575 single-core 1 GHz Cortex ARM9 chip. With 512M RAM if you have the WiFi tablet, 1G RAM if it's the 3G model.

On my Asus Transformer Prime (nVidia Tegra 3 quadcore at 1.2 Ghz 'balanced' mode, 1.3 Ghz 'performance' mode) I get 3990 iterations/sec in Balanced and 4600 iterations/sec in Performance. (And roughly 3250 in Power Saving mode, but I'm not sure what that does to the clock speed.)

Screen response and handwriting recognition is kind of chunky-slow in Power Saving, but I don't really see a difference between Balanced and Performance in general use on in Einstein.