[NTLK] NCU

Simon Bell simonbell at me.com
Thu Feb 2 06:29:21 EST 2012

On 1 Feb 2012, at 10:29, Pnemonic wrote:

> I am having trouble creating a soup using the kDCreateSoup
> command in 2.0 protocol.
> I set the name to C-string, and index description to empty array.

This is not specified exactly in the Docking Protocol document, but I believe the kDCreateSoup event command should look like:

long   'newt'
long   'dock'
long   'csop'
long   total length of following data
long   length of soup name string
char[] soup name string
       <align to long>
Ref    soup index

I think an empty array should be okay for the index, but if you don’t align the soup index, the Newton end will try to unflatten garbage leading to the “Out of memory.”

Could this be it?

Simon