[NTLK] Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 + Einstein = Match Made in Heaven?

Tony Morrow gizmo1482 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 18:33:29 EST 2012

On Feb 27, 2012, at 4:36 PM, J.M. Heinrichs wrote:

> Forrest
> The Galaxy Note 10.1 is a tablet; the "10.1" is its screen size in inches.
>
> Cheers
> John
>minicapt1 at mac.com

Yes. To clarify: the Note 10.1 is a 10.1 inch tablet and does not operate as a phone. From what I read, Samsung will be marketing devices with stylus support as "Note". Regular tablets will have the name "Tab". Regular phones: who knows. The reason I thought it was a good match for Einstein was due to the fact it offers real stylus input unlike the systems developed for IOS where you use a thick tip capacitive finger replicator (I particularly like the idea Koreans came up with of using sausage links). Remember, Einstein was originally developed as a way to move Newton OS off of the current MessagePad hardware and onto something newer. The emulator was step one, but eventually Paul Guyot hoped to have parts of the ROM rewritten and running natively on open source devices.

-Tony Morrow