[NTLK] Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 + Einstein = Match Made in Heaven?

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 03:41:43 EST 2012

Hello,

>The biggest problem that I see with this device is that it's waaay too large
>(IMHO) to be a phone (imagine >holding your Newton up to your ear, and it's even
>
>bigger than that!).

Not to sound like anyone's grandad or anything, but I grinned so broadly when I
read the above that my (strictly metaphorical) false teeth nearly fell out.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3s3dbrx

I take your point, certainly, as mobile phones are the size of a deck of cards
nowadays.  Still, as soon as I saw the phrase "waaay too large," I couldn't help
but hark back to the days when people walked around with devices which, if they
weren't bigger than a MessagePad, certainly weighed more than one (a Motorola

DynaTAC weighed in at 28 ounces compared to an MP2x00's 22.4 ounces w/battery).
And were grateful for the chance, I can tell you, even if they were billed ~US$3
a minute for a local call.

No doubt the brick-sized cell phones of yesteryear seem hopelessly silly and
impractical now, but they were the wonder of the world then.  Of course, you try
and tell the young people of today that.......they won't believe you.

Best,

James Fraser