[NTLK] Shell arguments in NEWT/0?

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Wed Jan 11 08:41:30 EST 2012

On 11.01.2012, at 04:36, Morgan Aldridge wrote:

> Quick question for the few of you out there that have used NEWT/0--is
> that anyone other than Matthias, Eckhart, and Paul?--when calling it
> from the command line, do you have any access to the command line
> arguments (argv & argc; $0, $1, $2... & $#; or whatever) from the
> NewtonScript side? If so, how, if not, any idea how hard it'd be to
> add?

Ah, what a nice idea! I don;t think this exists, but it should be fairly easy to implement.

Solution 1:
Use DefGlobalFunction to define an access function the the arguments:

		NewtDefGlobalFunc(
			NSSYM(GetVArgs),
			GetVArgs,
			0,
			"GetVArgs()");

Then if the user calls this function, use the NewtCreate... functions to create an array of strings that you can return.

Solution 2:
Use NcSetGlobalVar(NSSYM(VArgs), NewtMakeArray(...)); to generate a globally accesible array of the command line parameters.

 - Matthias