[NTLK] SOPA Legislation

Lloyd Conway doc_retro at juno.com
Tue Jan 17 17:16:47 EST 2012

   I'd like to think that you're right, Jon, but he threatened to veto the 2011 NDAA, the new law that gives him the power to arrest and imprison Americans within our borders on his own authority w/o any check or balance, if he deems them to be 'threats' and he's declared the USA to be a 'battlefield' in the war on terror, so i do not hold out hope that he'll refuse to sign such a bill.  It may not empower him directly, but it empowers those with power.
Regards,
-Lloyd Conway
 Charlotte, Michigan

"Except apparently, today, Obama threatened to veto it, and Congress
has supposedly dropped the bill. We'll see how this goes in the
future, but I'd like to think that many congressmen are currently
breathing a sigh of relief--this thing kind of grew a life of its own,
and nobody seemed willing to try to seriously stop it. (my theory for
why, once word came from the WH threatening the veto, that Congress
was so quick to drop that potato)

--
?-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland