[NTLK] SOPA Legislation

Tony Kan tonykan at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jan 17 20:23:46 EST 2012

Oh, dear.  This thread has certainly taken on a life of its own.

When I started this thread it was about the merits (or lack of merit) of
SOPA.  PIPA and DMCA are also relevant to the topic.  As you can see I'm
from New Zealand and I have no idea who is promoting the legislation; and to
be honest, I'm not interested.

I'm more interested in dealing with the weaknesses of such legislation and
finding solutions for how we can preserve and protect intellectual property
without significantly compromising the utility of the Internet.

Can we restrict ourselves from ad hominem attacks, focus on the issue and
keep names, partisan politics out of this thread?

Cheers

Tony Kan

Christchurch
New Zealand