[NTLK] Re. Handwriting recognition on the iPad

Terence Griffin terence.griffin at nist.gov
Wed Jan 25 12:45:06 EST 2012

I'm a huge fan of the Swype keyboard. I tried ShapeWriter on my iPod
Touch and liked it, but it was not a full keyboard replacements. Their
Notes program was free. They had other PIMs, email, address book,
calendar. Each one added to the cost.

Then when I my Android phone, I installed Swype. It is very good. After
using it for some time, the swiping out of words feel a lot like writing
the words in cursive, but not obviously not that shape. aside from that
learning curve, it feels very much like HWR. Maybe Tapose could add a
swipe keyboard...