[NTLK] Newt OS 1.3 and Newton Connection X

arceeHS arceehs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 16:23:49 EST 2012

I have a MP 120 with Newt OS 1.3 and am trying  to upgrade the OS to 2.0
without success. With either Newton Connection X or NewTen I can't get the
MP to connect to the computer. Note that I checked out the cabling setup
with an MP 2100 and NOS 2.1 before trying the MP 120.

Two failure message sequences

1. "Waiting for a response" then "Connection The connection was stopped
because there was no response." or
2. "Connection  A connection error has occurred." (71461004) This error
code does not show up in any list I've found.

In either case NCX thought it was connected to the MP.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of options to set on the MP unless I'm
missing something somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated.