[NTLK] Newton 1.x - Serial Connection to Windoze XP

William Maloney william.maloney.09 at cnu.edu
Fri Jul 6 08:38:39 EDT 2012

So, was thinking about trying to connect my Newton 100 to my everyday used
serial equipped Compaq Laptop running Windoze XP. I tried to install Newton
Connection Kit, but the program does not have the right serial driver.
Somewhere along the way, they changed it up. Hence, I cannot officially
connect to it. Any ideas? I have Xport and RCU installed but the other
Newton is at home right now. From what I understand, RCU may have some
problems now as the website notes it is not Y2K compliant. The bug everyone
feared came home roost in MessagePad land!

One solution I thought up was connecting possibly via DOSbox running
Windows XP. Not sure if the program is compatible with the serial port
though, but it is worth a shot. How do you guys do it?