[NTLK] WiFi: Channel: 1 (Ignored) -- can't connect to open network?

Tony Morrow gizmo1482 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 22:21:49 EDT 2012

Try deleting the more wifi driver and lantern patch. Even frozen they can cause issues when using a WaveLAN card.

The channel being ignored is normal for infrastructure mode. As long as the SSID is correct (which is case sensitive) then the card will automatically figure out what channel it needs to use. Try configuring all of your network settings manually instead of using DHCP. I find that clears up a lot of the issues on my MessagePad.

-Tony Morrow