[NTLK] Newton 2000 that won't power up.

James Rogers jhrogersii at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 00:11:33 EDT 2012

Brand new user here. I picked up a Netwon Messagepad 2000 on eBay, but it
didn't come with an AC Adapter, and the rechargeable battery pack was dead.
I bought a recommended adjustable AC Adapter at Radio Shack (7.5 VDC, 1000
mA, polarity of the tip set to +). Unfortunately, the Newton did not power
on. I have gone through some reset procedures that I found on a Newton FAQ,
and verified that the AC Adapter is putting out the prescribed voltage.

Can anyone give me any further suggestions? What would I need to look for
if I crack the Newton open? What tests can I run? What might I need to
replace?

Thanks for your help.

--
James Rogers