[NTLK] Einstein on Android

Michael Hurley mephit at mac.com
Fri Jun 22 16:24:05 EDT 2012

On Jun 21, 2012, at 3:16 PM, Matthias Melcher wrote:

> On 21.06.2012, at 21:16, Dan wrote:
>
>> I know there was talk a while ago about porting Einstein to android to
>> possibly use it on android tablets.  Does anyone know if anything was
>> developed further?
>
> It basically works. What's missing is someone who knows how to package the app and put it up on the Android Store.
>
> If you are a developer, you can download the source from Google Code and compile and install it yourself.

There's an older build of it in the repository on Google Code. It's slow, but it works. is there any reason someone who does have developer tools can't do a generic compile of the current code and upload it to the repository? Then all you have to do is allow installation of non-Google Play applications, download the .apk and install it.
--
                                   Auf wiedersehen!
Hurley

  "..No."