[NTLK] MobileMe is closing down at the end of the month...

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Tue Jun 26 13:18:36 EDT 2012

On 2012-06-26, at 7:27 AM, Morgan Aldridge wrote:

> I could really use some assistance if anyone else out there has
> HTML/CSS/JavaScript skills and command line experience. It requires a
> lot of tweaking, hence the skill set requirements, but I've got rough
> instructions at <https://gist.github.com/2949827>.

I'm currently taking a crack at the web.me.com hosted sites that Morgan and I compiled. They seem to be slightly more solid in terms of tweaking required.

> There is a Plan B, in case we can't get everything: Jason Scott, of
> textfiles.com & archiveteam.org fame, has offered assistance in
> recovering missing pieces from their archive. I don't want to rely on
> that as I have concerns about the data quality, but it's on the table
> as an option.

Archive Team has apparently finished downloading MobileMe and .Mac in their entirety. Oof.

http://twitter.com/archiveteam/status/217665111895191552

g.

Grant Hutchinson

Interface Considerations. Feature Deprecation. Typography. Rawk.

http://splorp.com
http://flickr.com/splorp
http://github.com/splorp
http://twitter.com/splorp