[NTLK] MP 2000 - The Neverending Restart Of Death

Wright, Chris Chris.Wright at harpercollins.co.uk
Mon Mar 19 09:50:20 EDT 2012

Thanks to all (especially for the over-familiar greeting Frank!). I've
managed to solve the problem with the equivalent of banging a car engine
with a hammer!

At the point where it started up and produced cancellation boxes for
various problems ('Newton was restarted' etc.) I kept on tapping the
'x's until it finally got through to its normal state and then tapped a
few more buttons for good measure (opening and closing the Extras and so
on). It has now stopped looping back to a restart when in a passive
state with no cards inserted.
I am having problems when using a 321MB card with ATA Controller; at the
point where the card begins to start mounting packages it will get so
far and then reboot. The card I'm using was previously used on an eMate
with the extra 4MB memory, and I'm supposing that the 2000 just can't
cope with the amount of packages on it, so I'm slowly deleting things
from it until it loads correctly.

Regards
Chris

Ps. I'm in desperate need of a 2x00 cover latch (the one on the front
right by the screen that holds the cover down). If anyone has one on a
parts machine that they could sell me, let me know directly at
chriswright (at) gmx (dot) net
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this transmission in error; any review, dissemination,distribution
or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited.

by reply e-mail and delete this message and all of its  attachments.

HarperCollins Publishers Ltd, Registered in Scotland, Company No. 27389,
Registered Address: Westerhill Road, Bishopsbriggs, Glasgow G64 2QT