[NTLK] Our "community" [WAS "Re: Re. Opinions sought regarding MP2x00s/first-gen iPads and clumsy people (woodrow)"]

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:55:04 EDT 2012

~~~ On 2012/03/19 16:21, S.T. Woodrow at woodrow at gis.net wrote ~~~

> There are some consolations in this troubled world: a good night's sleep, a
> good meal, true friends (with or without benefits), religion (loosely intended
> appellation), sunrise after a dark night, a good long deep breath -- and
> newtontalk.
>
> I hope someone will someday do a real study of this genteel, edifying and
> hilarious "community," and publish the secret of skillful, useful repartee.
> Perhaps Newton-still users are simply too preoccupied with elegance to be
> hateful.
>
> Thank you, thank you from a lurker.
> -Susan

Thanks for that Susan.  Your first paragraph resonates with me.  I think
you've captured how I feel just now -- and how pleased I am to have [a]
given in to the craving for owning a Newton, and [b] joined NewtonTalk.

If you ever decide to start a blog (assuming you haven't already) you should
consider making this your strap-line.

Shalom,

Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke