[NTLK] Mac Fitering And Encryption

Hauke Fath hauke at Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE
Fri Mar 23 04:41:54 EDT 2012

At 22:27 Uhr -0700 22.3.2012, Ed Kummel wrote:
>I keep outsiders from my wireless network by using two tools.
>Monowall is my primary router
>And a radius server.

Cannons, sparrows?

The problem we're looking at is that a Newton takes 16 bit PCMCIA cards.
I've been told that a Prism based wlan card can in principle do WPA (not
WPA2), but you'd have to write the driver, and I am not sure cpu and memory
of a Newton are up to it.

Similar issue for "traditional" MacOS Macintoshes like my Pismo - even
though you could use a 32 bit pc-card wlan adapter, there is no driver
support for recent models, so, again, no WPA2.

No support for IPSEC, either, not that that would be viable with 8 MB RAM
on a Newton...

	hauke