[NTLK] Do you use an AC adapter?

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 08:41:21 EDT 2012

Hello,

>John accidentally fried his Newton by plugging it into an allegedly-safe 220 V
>outlet, which >possibly was powered by "dirty" AC current. Through the advice of
>various folks on NTLK he >has replaced the damaged capacitor, but it still won't
>power up.

In the interests of preventing something like this from happening to another
Newton user, can anyone who travels extensively recommend a
compact-yet-effective "international" surge suppressor?

While I think of it, nothing ever came of this:

http://marc.info/?l=newtontalk&m=132049303127057&w=2

..did it?

Best,

James Fraser