[NTLK] Questions from an apostate

Andrew Beals andrew.beals at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 11:51:06 EDT 2012

Evernote will do nearly all that you ask - and if you pony up the $45/year
fee for the paid version, not only do you get a larger monthly data
allocation, it will OCR your handwriting, images you take/insert, and PDFs
you drop into it.  Multi-platform, cloud-synced, web interface for
access-from-anywhere.  I'm surprised that no-one has suggested it,
especially considering that the folks behind the Newt's HWR are behind it.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Aron Hsiao
<leapdragon at gmail.com>wrote:Anyone find
> anything that can do:
>
> - Nested, collapsible bullets
> - Content drag/drop on the page
> - Handwriting recognition easily mixed with "simulated ink" for
> sketches, etc.
> - Filing/organization that is (a) chronological but (b) also offers
> categories/folders
> - Scrolling of notes both within a note and chronologically ordered,
> like the Newton

I haven't used my Newt in a while, too, given its syncing problems with the
Mac (duplicated data, etc.) (problem with the Mac itself, not with the
Newt).  I know that if I put new batteries in it, it will show a weird
date, but will continue working.  (Never did apply the 2010 fix)  It will
probably have a ton of reminders for me to tap off, too.