[NTLK] eMate hoard for sale

Frank Gruendel newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Sat Nov 3 19:09:05 EDT 2012

If I didn't already own most of this, I'd be very interested. This will be
an excellent deal for whoever ends up buying this stuff.

There'd be a tiny caveat, though. The NewerTech RAM upgrades are so poorly
soldered that they occasionally refuse cooperation of of the blue. If this
happens, the eMate will think that a memory upgrade has been removed (or
installed) and will perform a hard reset without a prior warning. After that
your data will be gone. I strongly advise everyone who intends to use a
NewerTech upgrade to have it resoldered. You can do it yourself, provided
you have the skill and the equipment to solder tiny RAM pins under a
microscope.

If you plan on using the upgrade "as is", make sure to make frequent backups
on two alternatively used cards. Don't always back up to the same card since
this problem can occur while backing up...

Frank