[NTLK] Newton Screen Protector?

Newton Support newtonsupport at pda-soft.de
Tue Nov 6 19:52:35 EST 2012

> If the anti-reflective coating is removed from the screen of a Newton,
> would the end user -only- lose the benefit of the anti-reflective coating?

Yes. But this is a moot point since the antireflective coating can not be
removed. Apart from that, it is not the problem in our case. The touchscreen
(the layer above the LCD display glass) is made from polyester. I'm not sure
if what we refer to as "antireflective coating" is in fact a coating or just
an antireflective type of polyester. If it is a coating, it's no thicker
than a very thin layer of spray paint. From the pictures we have seen it can
be assumed that the polyester itself is the problem.

My personal opinion is that this antireflective thing is much rather a
drawback if you are using your 130 mostly in situations where there's no
overhead light. This is because the contrast is slightly worse with these
displays. I've fixed a fair amount of 130 screen problems by installing a
120 touchscreen, and no 130 owner has ever complained.

Cheers

Frank