[NTLK] Asking for opinions on something I'm planning to do with my web site

Forrest newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 2 11:10:34 EDT 2012

Frank:

I agree with Rusty. I know the reason your site is in German: isn't it because you live in Germany and (please correct me if I'm wrong) your native language is German?

It's also in English, because (again, please correct me if wrong) that's the second most spoken and read (i.e., used) language on the planet.

Which brings me to my point: wouldn't your site better serve others if it had a translation for the MOST USED language, i.e. Chinese? Perhaps even Japanese...and there are two Chinese dialects, do you feature both?

Now, before I drive you straight to the single malt Scotch bottle ;) with my suggestions, I'm only trying to point out that if you want your site to be full featured, then you should include a language that the greatest number of your users are likely to speak.

I live in the American Southwest. My fiancé and I have learned much Spanish just be being here. IN NO WAY do I mean to suggest anything REMOTELY racist here...but I think there is a far greater chance of having your site visited by Chinese-speaking individuals than by Spanish- speaking ones, simply based on sheer numbers.

Again, it's just something to think about.  What does everyone else think?

Thanks,
--Forrest

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 4