[NTLK] Samsung Note II w/stylus reviewed (Laurent Bourrelly)

Laurent Bourrelly thickparasite at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 07:22:41 EDT 2012

> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 18:51:48 -0400
> From: Lloyd Conway <doc_retro at juno.com>
> Subject: [NTLK] Samsung Note II w/stylus reviewed
> To: newtontalk at newtontalk.net
>

> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/samsung/9590063/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-II-return-of-the-stylus.html
>

> FYI:  The Telegraph reviews the Samsung Note II and focuses on the stylus.
>  I must've been at this Newton thing for a while, as my 15 year old
> daughter remarked, when I mentioned the Samsung and its' stylus (which we'd
> seen advertised on TV earlier today), that it allowed for handwriting,
> "just like the Newton."  I don't know if it's "just like the Newton,"
> insofar as HWR is concerned, but I'd be interested to know what others on
> The List think of this device.
>
> Regards,
> -Lloyd Conway
>  Charlotte, Michigan

Hi all,

I really tried to get the most out of Samsung Note I, but handwriting was
impossible if you come from a Newton perspective. I just tried the Note II
the other day, but it didn't seem to improve much of the handwriting. I'm
still bugged out by the latency, and mainly by the failure of getting my
handwriting recognized.
However, I hope this product becomes a succes, in order to improve. On a
personal level, I still prefer notetaking on my Newton. Besides the love,
it's still way more efficient.

Au revoir
Laurent Bourrelly