[NTLK] So... am I correct in deducing that, since iSync i...

Riccardo Mori rick at newted.org
Thu Oct 18 06:52:58 EDT 2012

quoth Craig Burton:

> Simon, your note about the space character in the name of Backup Inspector was the solution for my NCX troubles after upgrading to Lion (which I'm seriously considering downgrading to 10.6).
>
> The 'space' character in the name of the enclosing folder was the culprit.  I had installed NCX into a directory like this:
>
> /Applications/NCX 1.3.44/NCX.app  (there is a space between 'X' and '1')
>
> Upon launch from my hard drive NCX would fail, even though I could run NCX on the downloaded disk image, so there was something clearly wrong with the way that I installed it.
>
> When I removed the space from the name of the enclosing folder, it worked as expected.
>
> Thank you for this 'space' hint and especially for NCX!

I second that! This tip worked for me as well. I first installed NCX in a subdirectory whose path included a folder with a space in its name. When I tried to launch, I'd instantly get the "Application unexpectedly quit" dialog box. Moving NCX in [my-hard-drive]/Applications solved the problem. Also, I'm running Mac OS X 10.8.2, so I can confirm that NCX works under OS X Mountain Lion (or at least *launches* under Mountain Lion — I still have to test whether my Keyspan Serial Adapter works or not).

Cheers,
Rick

-§-

Riccardo Mori