[NTLK] [OT] Sandy threatens financial/economic Armageddon

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sun Oct 28 11:38:19 EDT 2012

On 10/27/2012 11:58 PM, Andrei Chichak wrote:
*snip*

> It would be interesting to see who is selling their gold these days. I suspect that a lot of national debt is being sold off by the ounce, and once it is down to a reasonable level there will be a meeting at the Rothschild offices, the price will be dropped to about $450 and a whole bunch of people will learn about speculative investments.

Well it wouldn't help much for most countries.  In the case of the USA
gold reserve it is billions of dollars.  But the deficit is trillions
and trillions.  In other words: a drop in the bucket.  I just don't see
them bothering, it would be better to hang on to it.  Then you at least
have "real money in the bank"  otherwise you have nothing to show if you
ever need to.

-Dan