[NTLK] Linear Flash Card Questions

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Mon Sep 3 11:20:01 EDT 2012

Well that is one type of ATA flash card.  There others with less space
but they are always slower than linear flash.  Usually the smaller the
card the better, but not always with regard to speed.

In general if you want speed get Linear Flash.  If you want cheap and in
general more storage that you aren't going to be writing to a lot, then
go with ATA flash.  Or if you can't find a good linear flash card.  But
they are still available and personally I would go that route if possible.

Don't get me wrong I am not putting down the ATA flash driver or such.
And I am very glad we have that option, but in genreal Linear Flash is
still much faster.  It is hard to find small capacity (and faster) ATA
flash these days.  Of course they are out there I am sure...somewhere.

-Dan