[NTLK] Einstein and Xcode 4, problems with Cocoa graphics calls, HELP NEEDED.

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Wed Sep 5 19:29:03 EDT 2012

Getting closer: drawing the Screen contents in OSX is done via "CGContextDrawImage". This call used to re-read the image from the raw RGB data every time. Starting with Mountain Lion, it seems that CGContextDrawImage is now "smart" and caches the image instead, accelerating the drawing code, but ruining our strategy to drawthe Newton screen. There is a fix that deletes and recreates the entire structure on every screen refresh, but I sure hope that this is not the only solution for the issue.

Is there please someone who can take a look at this? My Cocoa knowledge only goes so far.

See TCocoaScreenView::drawRect and TCocoaScreenManager::TCocoaScreenManager

Thanks,

 - Matthias