[NTLK] messagepad 3D models?

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 8 06:32:02 EDT 2012

Hello,

--- On Thu, 8/2/12, Joseph Reilly <reilly001os at aol.com> wrote:

> I've actually thought about trying to "re-case" an emate into a 2100 form >factor based on the fact you can get lots of them cheap on the auction >site. You'd lose the kb but you could make the case alloy so it'd
> be pretty stout. Haven't had the time to try it yet though.

I wonder if you might possibly salvage the eMate's keyboard for use by securing it to a flap on the bottom of your 2100 case, with the keyboard lying in a sort of molded recess on the flap?

A flap that folds out, putting the keyboard on the same level as the screen (and that mates a male connector on the top of the keyboard with a female connector in the 2100 case as it does so)?

I mean, if you're going to make an alloy case for the 2100, you can fasten things onto it, yes?  Just a thought. [shrugs]

Best,

James Fraser