[NTLK] [Slightly] [OT] Morphing URLs (was: Still in the public eye)

iSpinn ispinn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 12:23:23 EDT 2013

I wonder what would happen were I to change the pointers in these URLs to
either poke fun at or to modify the marketing of links I forward to others.

For example, when I saw Ed's link on the Hex Cross Case, instead of
clicking the link, I wondered how it might change things if I copied it
from it's original form:

http://www.coolhunting.com/tech/hex-cross-body.php?utm_source=Cool+Hunting+Daily&utm_campaign=ce672620cf-CH+Daily+Email&utm_medium=email

and modified the campaign links to something more *important:*

http://www.coolhunting.com/tech/hex-cross-body.php?utm_source=www.newtontalk.net&utm_campaign=Keep+the+Green&utm_medium=Newtontalk.net

It's called social engineering, I think.

Doug