[NTLK] Would you like to chat about the Newton for a Wired story? (Grant Hutchinson)

Lloyd Conway doc_retro at juno.com
Fri Aug 2 05:31:27 EDT 2013

    Cade and I spoke for a couple of minutes yesterday.  He asked what attracted me to the Newton, as a relative newcomer to the platform among us, in 2008, 10 year after production ceased.  I mentioned the superior HWR, community support and the readability of the greyscale screen in direct sunlight.  With more time, I could have easily mentioned more things - favorite programs, running on AA batteries for weeks at a time, etc., but we kept it short.   He asked about where to find Newts and what they were going for, as well.
     I closed by thanking him and Wired for keeping the Newt in the public eye after all these years.  Thanks for passing this on, Grant; I 'll be interested to see the story when it comes out.
Regards,
-Lloyd Conway
 Charlotte, Michigan