[NTLK] Need a 'new' desktop

Blake Hanes kissmyash933 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 22:49:18 EDT 2013

Bradley,

I'd honestly look at saving your money a little bit and going with a C2D
mini or iMac. They're really starting to come down in price. I see a few
right now on eBay that are ~200USD, but eBay's prices tend to be inflated.
As Chris Chapman said, check LEMSWAP, maybe someone would be willing to cut
you a deal. The G5's are now old enough that finding recent software for
them is going to be an issue. Also, many of the G5 models have serious
issues. I really don't love to hate on apple products but if there was one
line of products that I could hate on, it'd be the G5's, right next to the
5200/6200 series. I'd give you my line item list of why the G5's are bad,
but I'll spare you and just say that my G4 felt like it outperformed my
dual 1.8 G5.

If you don't absolutely have to have a mac, I highly recommend anything in
HP/COMPAQ's DC line. They're great, reliable business computers. For
example, you can get a dc5800 with a C2D and 2GB of ram right now on eBay
for $70 Shipped to your door, and I can almost guarantee you that you won't
have any problems with those machines. (or anything from HP's Enterprise
line, really.)

Best,
Blake Hanes.