[NTLK] Newton Restore Issue

Simon Bell simonbell at mac.com
Fri Aug 9 06:15:46 EDT 2013

On 9 Aug 2013, at 02:28, Chris Chapman <chrisc30 at me.com> wrote:

> I am trying to restore with NCX. A 20MB backup to a differenent 20MB backup card. It won't let me.

Nope. NCX is pedantic. What you’re asking for is a duplicate or copy function, not restore ;)

> Is there a way to do this or get packages out of the backup?

As of NCX 2.0 you can get packages out of the backup by dragging them from NCX’s Packages soup view onto the desktop. Similarly, you cam drag Notes entries to create text files on the desktop.

You can also drag any soup entry from one NCX window to another, so you should be able to copy Names, Notes, etc from an archived backup to the corresponding soup view of your current connection window. These entries will be sent to your Newton. Take care with this though - NCX does not prevent you from copying Names into the Notes soup, for example.

Simon