[NTLK] G5 > Ubuntu > VirtualBox > OSX? (was: Need a 'new' desktop)

Tony Morrow gizmo1482 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 13:08:05 EDT 2013

I don't think you will have luck with VirtualBox. There is no PPC build as
far as I know. It doesn't do x86 processor emulation like VirtualPC did on
macs. Instead it executes the instructions directly on he processor of the
host machine.

To do what you want you would have to use something like QEMU which
includes the emulation layer for x86 code. The problem the is the
performance hit you take. Last time I tried QEMU on a G4 the resulting
virtual machine was significantly slower than one in VPC.

-Tony Morrow
Http://lookanotherblog.com