[NTLK] Hi

Ed Kummel tech_ed at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 13:09:04 EST 2013

Exactly. I run Windows machines (desktops and servers) exclusively. Have been ever since I an Apple oriented company in 1998. I have deployed several thousand (maybe tens of thousands by now) Windows servers in datacenters all around the world. And the only time *ANY* of them ever experienced an attack is when someone who doesn't know what they're doing does something stupid. Unlike a Ronco Rotisserie, computers are not "set it and forget it"! You still, today, need to know what you're doing and what out there can do you harm. I mean, when you cross the street, do you look both ways before you cross, or do you just blindly cross the street? Every child (dare I say every child in the world) has had that mantra drilled into their brains by the parents since the time they were old enough to walk..."look both ways before you cross the street". Perhaps we need to drill in a new mantra, "validate that link in your email before you click it"
Ed
web/gadget guru

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public’s own money."
               -1835, French political thinker and writer, Alexis de Tocqueville