[NTLK] Apple abandons 'Newton' trademark, - Macworld UK

Connor Becker Northcott91 at gmx.com
Wed Feb 27 22:58:47 EST 2013

On 02/27/2013 10:44 PM, Tony Kan wrote:
> I wonder if this means we can make Newton T-Shirts without fear of legal
> action now...
>
> Cheers
>
> Tony Kan
Although the trademark has expired, in most countries the copyrights of
any logos or written materials are still owned by Apple (i.e. the light
bulb) and thus off-limits for t-shirts.  But we could use the name for a
similar product without retribution (imagine a far future hand-held
running a completed Einstein simulator, for example).

I am not a lawyer in any jurisdiction, but that's my understanding. If
anyone could work out with Apple the use of the Newton logos, I would
buy such a t-shirt, though:)

-Northcott