[NTLK] A question of battery sleds

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 19:38:48 EST 2013

Hello,

--- On Tue, 1/8/13, Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone remind me the best way to remove battery chemical residue
> from the sled

I believe that warm water + baking soda is the recipe you seek:

http://marc.info/?l=newtontalk&m=131697347714174&w=2

Forrest Buffenmyer suggests baking soda and water here as well:

http://marc.info/?l=newtontalk&m=131117279117854&w=2

...along with the addition of:

>a small amount of synthetic automobile grease to the various [presumably >metal] parts to protect against further corrosion (why synthetic? It has a >very high melting point, which assures me that I won't have a gooey mess >in the heat we have here in the US Desert Southwest, should the Newton be >left in the car briefly while I run errands).

A pencil eraser can also be used to clean battery contacts.

(Do any of above suggestions fit the bill?  Or did you have something else in mind in the way of remedies and I haven't been able to hit upon it?)

Best,

James Fraser