[NTLK] Oil in Newton.. LOL

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 15:13:11 EST 2013

Hello,

--- On Thu, 1/10/13, Chris Chapman <chrisc30 at me.com> wrote:

> I now have motor oil inside my Messagepad 2100.

If it's any consolation, it could have been worse.  At least your MP2100 did not suffer a, um, "bathroom mishap." : /

(I'm guessing that "the dropped call" story is a well-worn internet meme by now, so I will excercise good taste [for once] and refrain from posting any links to it.)

And just so you know you're not alone: I experienced a variation on the same theme recently when a small container of lubricant (whose cap apparently wasn't -quite- secured) helped to lubricate the interior of my bike bag.  Two guesses what happened to the Very Important Letter that was also in the bag. :(

(It's funny just how large a "small" container can seem when the contents are *outside* the small container, isn't it?)

Anyway, I hope your plan to let gravity take care of the problem works out all right. :)

Best,

JF