[NTLK] Oil in Newton.. LOL

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 16:09:15 EST 2013

~~~ On 2013/01/12 03:19, James Fraser at
wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com wrote ~~~

> Hello,
>
> --- On Fri, 1/11/13, Lord Groundhog <lordgroundhog at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It's time for someone who knows more about the construction
>> of the Newton to point out all the reasons why what I've said is
>> ridiculous.  Please do it ASAP, so I don't have to endure weeks of
>> nightmares about my Newt making gurgling sounds and crying, "Lord
>> Groundhog, I'm drowning!   Save me, please, save me!
>> Gh-gh-bl-grbrblbghhhhh........."
>
> Careful.  Never anthropomorphise your MessagePads, LG: they hate that. :p

I know -- Newt frequently reminds me she is far more intelligent than
humans.  The only thing she finds more offensive is when humans
"newtomorphize" themselves, implying that they're as intelligent as Newtons.
You do NOT want to be around when she catches someone doing that!

In point of fact, I simply was "newtologizing" her -- expressing my
knowledge of her nature as a Newton.   In any case, I was just describing
the kind of nightmares I might have if I'm not reassured quickly.

Shalom,

Christian

            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4