[NTLK] Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Forrest newtonphoenix at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 31 12:13:25 EST 2013

On Jan 30, 2013, at 6:10 PM, Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I eventually queried her,
> she denied all knowledge and said that her account had "somehow" sent out
> numerous invitations of which she had no knowledge to people she'd never
> heard of.  Apparently she doesn't use it much at all.

It sounds like another Rule To Live By.

Those of us from the Chemically Enhanced period (roughly, 60s and 70s) have always heard "You can always take more, but you can't take less" in relation to interactions with recreational drugs. (Not that I would know anything about any of that.)

Sound advice, and it applies to many other things: eating, drinking, and so on.

I think it's a good idea to be certain one's information is kept safe, but sometimes (like in this case) it might be out of one's control. Still, from this LinkedIn example perhaps we can learn a new Rule, which would seem to apply to interaction between one's personal data and the Internet:

"You can always say 'yes' later on...but it's often very hard to say 'no'."

Thanks,
--Forrest

"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate technology, led them into it in the first place." --Douglas Adams

•www.broodcoffeetalk.wordpress.com--Thoughts, observations, ideas…stuff to brood over
•Have iPad questions? I'm the Mesa (AZ) iPad Examiner...see what I write about at http://exm.nr/HYeN8K+
•Twitter: @FBuffenmyer