[NTLK] How long does a MP130 backup battery last?

Frank Gruendel newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Mon Jun 3 18:57:09 EDT 2013

The user manual of the 120 / 130 model states that approximately once a year
you'll see a warning that the backup battery must be replaced soon. The
question is: Does the presence of main batteries matter here? Will this time
be shorter if the Newton is lying in a drawer without main batteries? If it
does, how long approximately will a new backup battery last in such a case?
I didn't find any info on this in the web, but I must admit I haven't
searched for long. Any ideas?

Thanks

Frank