[NTLK] OT: iPod hard drive blue foam, does one need it?

Blake Hanes kissmyash933 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 09:46:44 EDT 2013

Jon,

The "It's important for airflow" argument does indeed sound a little
counterintuitive. My take on the blue foam would be that it reduces
vibrations inside the unit when you're walking around. While it may indeed
work fine without the foam, you don't really want the hard drive vibrating
around in there (even just a little bit) or you might find yourself
replacing it again.

Blake.