[NTLK] NCX + Mountain Lion (again)

Pi pi at pihost.us
Tue Jun 18 16:53:25 EDT 2013

Morgan Aldridge <morgant at makkintosshu.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Pi <pi at pihost.us> wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to use NCX over a serial port on 10.8.4. I'm using build
>> 1.4(45), and can get it to install packages and export (at least) Dates
>> data from the Newton. However, trying to synchronize or import results
>> in a crash. To whom should I send the bug reports?
>
> Simon Bell of <http://newtonresearch.org/> is the developer and his
> email is linked from the bottom of his site. I believe he also
> monitors this list.
>
> Interestingly, he seems to have release v2.0 (build 48) on June 13th.
> It's news to me, has a brand new interface, and I'm not sure if it
> would resolve the issues, but he may want you to start with the latest
> version anyway (esp. on Mountain Lion).

Guess when I downloaded 1.3(45)? (Not quite June 12th.) :)

This version seems to be working a little better, at least when I
initiate operations from the Newton. (Asking the Mac to back up appears
to work and dies partway through.) Glad to see that people are still
maintaining software for the Newt.

If I get any reproducible crashes I'll be sure to send them on to Simon.
--
Pi